- To maintain the target water content and achieve drain on every round of 15 to 20%.
Length of period
- A dose size factor of 25 to maximize the cone.
- These are necessary especially on a dull day when more water is used by the plant per unit of light. Frequency judged by drainage percentage achieved and water content during dull days.
- Guide 20 to 60 minutes.
- These are related to crop type and conditions.
- Guide figures for Northern Europe would be 2.2 to 2.5 mls/joule/m2.
- Click here for more information on light influenced starts.
- It is important in Period 2 to maintain the drain percentage for each round.